The Official CrypticMS Community
Thanks for visiting CrypticMS's official forums. We highly recommend you register or log-in to view some important topics that are highly discussed among our players. Thank you for visiting!
Thanks for visiting CrypticMS's official forums. We highly recommend you register or log-in to view some important topics that are highly discussed among our players. Thank you for visiting!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cryptic Forums crypticms.forumotion.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» To anybody still here...
Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 2:57 am by Legend

» Mac Blu-ray Player 2.6.3 Build 1034 (Mac Os X)
Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 1:45 pm by Guest

» Hardest Game Ever 2 Stage 8
Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:00 am by Guest

» Invasion Of Monster Island
Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:34 am by Guest

» Flight Games Xbox 360
Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 pm by Guest

» Unlimited Ammo Gmod
Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 3:46 pm by Guest

» -MUST READ!- What happened to the server?
Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:00 pm by Legend

» Hello everyone my names Ren
Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 pm by 96dani

» [Format] Ban Appeal Format
Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 am by ๖ۣۜOmegą

Top posters
God
Need a tune-up?  I_vote_lcapNeed a tune-up?  I_voting_barNeed a tune-up?  I_vote_rcap 
Willis
Need a tune-up?  I_vote_lcapNeed a tune-up?  I_voting_barNeed a tune-up?  I_vote_rcap 
Indra
Ariadne.
vindictive
Legend
๖ۣۜOmegą
Kaiton
Incrined
{Ðяøиe}º[Я∑и]º
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 114 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:06 am
Statistics
We have 73 registered users
The newest registered user is rallearoy

Our users have posted a total of 503 messages in 115 subjects

Need a tune-up?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Incrined
Leecher

Need a tune-up?  Empty
PostSubject: Need a tune-up?    Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:01 am

Alright, this tutorial i'm going to show you guys will generally reduce the lag to your computer, and all other things you do on it. Also, this doesn't in any way reduce the lagging caused by dedicated servers, as that is your pings fault or the dedicated servers pings fault. This isn't a kiddie guide, this is a guide that has been experimented by me and has worked for me efficiently. Again, this is optional, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. By the way, don't let anyone tell you that deleting your system32 from your computer is a good thing. Deleting your system32 = your computer is officially useless, unless you have the CD that came with the computer, then you'd have to reinstall it. SO, let's get to the guide, shall we?

Step 1
Download this program named CCleaner. You can download it at http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER. Once you finished downloading CCleaner, open it up and you should see a menu with many items to check. Check all of the items except for "Wipe Free Space". IMPORTANT: DO NOT CHECK "WIPE FREE SPACE", or you're screwed, let's put it that way. After that, click analyze then run cleaner. Go to Registry then Scan for Issues. Check all the issues and click fix selected issues. IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FILES.

Step 2
Download Advance System Care Trial Version. You can download it at http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html. Activate it by entering the following key: DFF7A-8204E-69ADE-0D5AA OR 9DAE1-3B535-57E55-63BAA

YOU MUST UNPLUG YOUR INTERNET FOR THE KEY TO WORK, OTHERWISE IT WON'T REGISTER THAT YOU HAVE THE FULL VERSION, AS ALL KEYS ARE TAKEN OFFLINE, BUT INFINITE AMOUNT WORK OFFLINE. AFTER IT WILL SAY YOU MUST CONNECT TO INTERNET, BUT YOU REALLY DO HAVE FULL VERSION. /caps, now connect your internet back. After you have activated it, you should deep care your computer. After that, Turbo Boost your PC. Disable your windows theme in the Turbo Boost options.

Step 3
Download Gamebooster 2. You can download it at http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
To activate it, use this key:
1C8D2-C2FB3-7CA4B-AFCB9

After you activated it, go to System Tweaks and make sure you put it on Top Performance. After that, click boost.

Step 4
UNINSTALL ALL PROGRAMS YOU DON'T USE ANYMORE. If it doesn't allow you to uninstall it, use CCleaner. You can do this by going to control panel>Uninstall a program.

Step 5
This is the more complicated step for those who don't know about computers. Go to start, click run, and type in msconfig. For vista users, go to the search bar and search "run", and type in msconfig. Now, go to startup. Then untick everything there, because startup programs are useless. Why start it up once you run your computer when you can simply open it up after? Plus, it increases your desktop booting performance by 500%. Expect your computer to run quicker.

Step 6
Go to Start>My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Performance>Settings. Choose the Custom option and uncheck every single box except for the last three.

Then go to the Advanced Tab and change your virtual memory. Divide the maximum size by 90%(NOT .9, 90%. Use your built in PC Calculator for help) and round it to the nearest hundred. Your answer will be your Initial Size
For example, my Maximum Size is 4092. When I divide 4092 by 90% I get 3682.8. I then rounded that to 3700. That is now my Initial Size.

Step 7
Go to Start>My Computer>Right Click Local Disk C:>Properties>Tools>Defrag Now... Click Analyze then Defragment. Advanced System 4 also comes with a Disk Defragment selection from Deep Care.

Step 8
DELETE all your useless files and clean your PC from viruses. Disable xfire or any communication system(oovoo, skype, msn). Also, change your in game graphics settings to the lowest(If you are high-tech remove textures carefully).

Step 9
Click start again, click run. Again, for vista users, search run. Now type in "%temp%". This should lead you to your temporary files folder. You need to delete ALL temporary files. If it tells you another process is using them, don't delete them.

Step 10
OPTIONAL:
When you are in game, go to task manager, processes and end the process explorer.exe. Your icons should be missing but it improves your gameplay. If you want it back, go to task manager>file>new task and type in "explorer.exe" again. After you tried all these steps and you are still lagging, then i really don't know what to say. Either your computer is a dinosaur or you need a new ISP(Internet Service Provider).
Back to top Go down
Willis
Willis

Need a tune-up?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a tune-up?    Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:34 am

Just one word , Wow
Back to top Go down
Incrined
Leecher

Need a tune-up?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a tune-up?    Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:38 am

C: thankss .. i think..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need a tune-up?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a tune-up?    Need a tune-up?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a tune-up?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official CrypticMS Community :: Maple Island :: Guides-
Jump to: